We could go on and on and give you 100 reasons to visit Ballymena this Easter, but today we asked 10 members of the public why they think people should visit Ballymena this Easter, here’s what they said:
- Kids Eat Free this Easter in M&S, in Fairhill Shopping Centre.
- Little ones can celebrate the Easter holidays in comfort and style with McKillens Kidstore promotion. 200 pairs of trainers now reduced!
- Honeybees Playtown has been created to provide an immersive and interactive experience for young children to play, explore and learn about the world around us. Book here: https://honeybeesplaytown.co.uk/.
- Free Play Day’s for the Kids in Wellington Court, including some very Special Easter Guests, Facepainting and more.
Friday 7th April 12 noon – 3pm
Thursday 13th April 1pm – 3pm
- Easter Craft Event in Fairhill, Saturday, 8th April from 12-3pm for an amazing Easter Craft Event! This fun-filled afternoon will involve craft activities, an egg hunt and a visit from the Easter Bunny!
- McGroggans Ice Cream – it’s been around for 101 YEARS and it’s in our opinion THE BEST ICE CREAM EVER
- Shopping… The sun is finally shining in Northern Ireland, and it has us thinking about our Spring Summer Wardrobes. You are spoilt for choice and exclusive brands in Ballymena. You’ll find fashion boutiques on every street, your favourite high street stores. You can explore 2 fab shopping Centres and we don’t remind you of Ballymena’s Department Stores they’ve been here for longer than I’ve been on the planet… but just in case you’ve forgotten Camerons, McKillen’s Fashions, MicKillen’s Shoes, Wallace and Wyse Byse are all within walking distance of each other. GET YOUR SHOP ON in Ballymena Town Centre.
- THE BEST ULSTER FRY IN BALLYMENA is Café Noble. … Tripadvisor tells us but so do many others.
- The bakery people travel from far and wide for, Dougies Goodies.. If you haven’t tried a Dougies goodie yet, you best rectify that.
- BALLYMENA IS SO CLOSE. Just a 30-minute drive from Belfast, 40 minutes from Portrush and you can get to the town centre with a quick 5-minute walk from Ballymena Train Station. Affordable Parking. We should also mention that you can park for only £1 for 5 hours in all council car parks or £2 for all day in Alexander street car park if you arrive before 9.30am.
It would be rude of us not to add on an additional few reasons. We’ve some of the coolest coffee shops in the country, award winning butchers, the Homeware stores are insanely good and of course the thing that makes Ballymena stand out THE PEOPLE, they are the most friendly and welcoming (written by the blow in of the town).